Saturday, January 17, 2009

100 great articles 2008

100 favourite resources (articles postings, PDFs, presentations, etc) about learning tools and technologies in 2008 I was taking a look at all the resources that I had collected during 2008 in my LearnTech Library as well as those that I had posted in the LearnTech News, to identify those that I particularly enjoyed, that inspired me, made me think and/or I just found useful. There were many, but I finally narrowed my list down to 100 (see below).

I then fed all the titles into Wordle to generate a word cloud and identify trends in this collection of my favourite resources.

Here are the resources listed chronologically by the month in which they appeared.

January 2008

1. Implementation 2.0, Jay Cross, Learning Circuits
2. 13 tips for virtual world teaching, Matt Villano, Campus Technology
3. Thanks to YouTube, professors are finding more audiences, Jeffrey R Young, Chronicle of Higher Education
4. Seven strategies for implementing a successful corporate wiki, Brad Kenney, Information Week
5. The best companion tools for YouTube and other web videos, Amit Agarwal, Digital Inspiration
6. Twitter for Academia, Tech Tools for Academics
7. In the mood for Moodle, Jeff Stanford, EnglishTeaching Professional, Issue 54
8. Displaying Google Calendar Events on a Map, Tony Hirst, OUseful Info
9. Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, John Seely Brown and Richard P Adler, Educause
10. The Horizon Report 2008 [PDF], The New Media Consortium and Educause

0 comments: